21 Dec Festive Treats
We finished the Autumn term almost a week ago now with numerous festive treats and celebrations. Our Christmas Concerts were live streamed for the first time and led to family members being able to watch from the US, Canada, Switzerland, Poland and France as well as from various locations closer to home in the UK. Mrs Huxley and her food studies students treated the staff to some delicious mince pies, shortbread and coffee. It was lovely to see so many colleagues there talking with the girls and sampling the food. Mrs Huxley has kindly shared the recipe for mince pies which I am posting here.
240g / 8 oz Plain Flour
120g / 4oz Butter / block Margarine
1 jar Mincemeat (sweet)
- Oven on 200°c / gas 6. Flour a tartlet tin.
- Make shortcrust pastry rub fat into flour until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add 2-3 tablespoons cold water. Stir in with knife to form stiff dough.
- Divide into 1/3rd and 2/3rds. Roll out larger piece on floured surface.
- Cut out 12 bases and line tartlet tins.
- Put 1 heaped teaspoon mincemeat in each base.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cut out tops. Wet edges of bases to help tops to stick.
- Position tops and brush with milk or water. Make 3 scissor snips on tops (only if it covers base completely).
- Bake 15 20 mins until golden brown
Enjoy the break and have a lovely Christmas!